San Lorenzo Ruiz Center of Studies and Schools’ (SLRCSS) Campus Journalists and School Paper Advisers (SPA) secured spots during he conduct of the first 5-Day Webinar-Workshop on Campus Journalism cum Division Schools Press Conference held on November 15-19, 2021 via Zoom Meeting.
The said virtual DSPC 2021 was spearheaded by the Schools Division of the City of San Fernando, Pampanga, wherein it aimed to provide venue for the enrichment of learning experiences for students interested in pursuing journalism as a career; enhance teachers and students’ journalistic skills; and promote responsible journalism and fair and ethical use of social media.
Moreover, the categories included for individual sets were News Writing, Editorial Writing, Feature Writing, Sports Writing, Editorial Cartooning, Science and Technology Writing and Column Writing, while Collaborative Desktop Publishing, Radio Script Writing and Broadcasting, Online Publishing and TV Script Writing and Broadcasting for group categories.
Meanwhile, Photojournalism and Copy Reading and Headline Writing categories were not offered in the said online competition due to their highly technical natures, and as adherence to safety protocols of working from home.
On the other hand, below is the list of names of students and teachers who triumphed in Online DSPC 2021:
- 1st Place in News Writing (Secondary English)- Samantha Marie P. Bautista
- 3rd Place in Column Writing (Secondary English)- Nathalie Jane D Macam
- Best in Infomercial in Radio Script Writing and Broadcasting (Secondary English)
- -Samuel R. Laxamana
- -Ethan E. Mercado
- -Izzie Lynne G. Dela Cruz
- -Sophia Aalyanah L. Panlaqui
For SPA Categories:
- 3rd Place in Features Writing (Secondary English)- Ms. Clarijane L. Mendoza
- 1st Place in Sports Writing (Secondary Filipino)- Mr. Christian M. Vicente
- 1st Place in Editorial Cartooning (Secondary English)- Mr. Christian M. Vicente
- 2nd Place in Editorial Writing (Secondary English)- Christian M. Vicente